MATHEU’S FINE WATCHES & JEWELRY WEBSITE
Last Modified: 11/15/2016
OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (“personal data”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information collected through cookies and/or navigation history.
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
How we use your personal data? We use personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, products or services that you have requested from us or which we feel may be of interest for you;
- to manage your customer account;
- handling customers request including repair requests;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to make marketing advertisements in relation to Matheu’s Fine Watches & Jewelry watches;
- to process your online shopping on the Website and to keep details of your shopping history;
- to manage your subscription to the newsletter;
- for making business analyses.
How we share your personal data? The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored, and further processed by Matheu’s Fine Watches & Jewelry affiliates, or by third party providers we use to support our business or perform functions on our behalf (such as analyzing data, processing payments, and providing customer service), or by a third party to which we may transfer any of our business or assets for any reason (where personal data may be among the assets transferred). This may imply transfer of your personal data to third countries but in any case, we implement all measures to guarantee an adequate level of protection. Such transfer may take place for maintenance, hosting purposes as well as for the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes unless you have expressly consented to such use of your personal data. Security measures Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology and in any case we implement adequate organisational and technical measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data. Data retention We expect your Personal data to be kept for a period of 5 years after the last contact you have had with us.
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en )
- Internet Explorer (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies )
- Mozilla Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies )
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_US&locale=fr_FR)
In addition, if you do not want Google Analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. In addition, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please note that if you block cookies, your experience on our Website may be impacted. Your rights You may have the right to access the information we hold about you, or to ask for the modification of such data. If you intend to exercise such rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may review, add or update certain information by going to the “My Account” feature of the My Matheu’s Fine Watches & Jewelry section of the Website.
THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
We may use the services of one or more third party advertising companies. If We do, these third party advertising companies may also collect information from your activities on the Website as well as other sites for the purpose of providing advertisements and other content that is customized to your interests and preferences. This means that our ads may appear on participating web sites based upon your browsing activity. To allow Us to offer our customers streamlined ordering and other useful features, we may use and allow our third party advertising companies to use the technologies listed above and other similar technologies. Links to Other sites We may propose hypertext links from the Website to third-party websites or Internet sources. We do not control and cannot be held liable for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read carefully their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
We may use “clear GIFs” (aka “Web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, in the Website and/or in our communications with you to enable Us to know whether you have visited a Web page or received a message. A clear GIF is typically a one-pixel, transparent image (although it can be a visible image as well), located on a Web page or in an e-mail that communicates to Us whether you viewed an email that we sent you or visited a certain page on our Website. A clear GIF may enable Us to relate your viewing or receipt of a Web page or message to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
IP ADDRESS AND CLICKSTREAM DATA
Our server automatically collects data about your server’s Internet address when you visit Us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or IP Address, is a number that’s automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. When you request pages from our Website, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that linked you to Us (e.g., another Website or a search engine); the pages you visit on this Website; the Website you visit after this Website; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Website or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by our Web servers. We use this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and internet service provider. Any or all of these activities with regard to Website usage information may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
We may use the services of one or more third party advertising companies. If We do, these third party advertising companies may also collect information from your activities on the Website as well as other sites for the purpose of providing advertisements and other content that is customized to your interests and preferences. This means that our ads may appear on participating web sites based upon your browsing activity. To allow Us to offer our customers streamlined ordering and other useful features, we may use and allow our third party advertising companies to use the technologies listed above and other similar technologies.